How to tie a Maggot KD Rig
The Totally Awesome Fishing Show
The following article by Tommy Flower will tell you how to tie a maggot KD Rig using a step-by-step picture and description.
- Thread a small piece of foam at a slanted angle.
- Thread the foam on to a supple braid hooklength, I recommend Korda Super Natural
- Tie on a small match hook and pull into the foam, i use a barbed size 16 match hook. The barb helps it stay put in the foam. With the small hook pulled into the foam thread on a Curve shank hook and pull it down until the bottom of the foam just touches the curve of the hook.
- Wrap the hooklength around the shank twice trapping the hair.
- Raise the hair and then wrap 5 times underneath and then push the hooklength back threw the eye making sure to go towards the hook point and pull tight.
- Now pull the small hook out of the foam and thread on a bunch of maggots then pull the hook back into the foam making sure the point is well buried and kept in place.
- Place the rig into a solid bag and fill with maggots and boilie crumb.