How to tie a Multi Rig
The Totally Awesome Fishing Show
The following article written by Tommy Flower shows you how to tie a multi rig. The Multi Rig is an effective carp rig that is good when using pop ups as your hookbait. The following article shows you a simple picture diagram on how to tie the multi rig.
- Size 6 choddy hooks, Korda n-trap semi stiff, rig rings and shrink tubing.
- First tie a loop in the semi stiff, the size of the loop depends on how high you want your pop up to sit.
- Push the loop through the eye of the hook making sure to go away from the point and slide on a rig ring
- Pass the hook through the middle of the loop creating a D on the back of the shank which allows the rig ring to move freely.
- Strip back a small part of the coating below the knot of the loop creating a pivot point.
- Cut two pieces of shrink tubing. making one piece around 7mm for the hook kicker and a smaller piece for the knot of the loop to keep it tidy.
- Now add some lead putty below the knot leaving the coating which was stripped back, it should be slightly crinkled giving it a rough edge for the putty to grip to.
- With the tubing in place now steam the hook kicker giving it an aggressive angle then steam the rest of the hooklink making it straight and stiff so that when cast the hooklink pushes away from the lead and presents perfectly.