How to put bait on a multi rig
The Totally Awesome Fishing Show
The Multi rig is a good carp rig when your chosen bait is pop ups. Once you have read how to tie the multi rig from the article on our website, you can then have a look at this article which will show you how to attach bait to the multi rig. This article is written by Tommy Flower, our guest blogger.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
- Take a length of bait floss, put through the rig ring and tie a loose overhand knot leaving a loop.
- Place your chosen pop up in the loop and tighten down the knot securing the pop up in place.
- Tie a further two overhand knots and pull down as tight as possible for extra security.
- Cut the floss leaving two tag ends.
- Take a lighter and blob down the two tag ends to make sure the knots cannot slip.
- Test the pop up sinks under the weight of the putty. If it doesn’t sink add putty until it slowly sinks. Also add a small piece of putty up the hooklink to keep every thing pinned down tight to the lake bed.